Combined Defence Services (CDS)
Combined Defence Services or CDS examination is conducted to recruit candidates in the Indian Armed forces. Aspirants willing to become a part of Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy can apply for the CDS exam and chase their dream career, like NDA exam, Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted twice a year UPSC. Candidates will be called for Service Selection Board (SSB) after qualifying CDS exam and after that, successful candidates will be appointed with their respective training academies.
- For Indian Military Academy/Officer’s training academy: – Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: – Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/ institution
- For Airforce Academy: – Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
Mode of Selection: – written Examination by U.P.S.C SSB interview.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
- For IMA- unmarried male candidates with age between 19 to 24 years only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy- unmarried male candidates with age between 19 to 22 years only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: – 19 to 23 years (Upper Age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years.) only are eligible.
- For officer’s Training Academy- (SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) having age between 19 to 25 years only are eligible.
- For officer’ s Training Academy- (SSC Women Non- Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have age between 19 to 25 years.