RMS (RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL)
The schools are category ‘A’ establishment of the Army and are administrated by the Directorate General of Military Training at IHQ of MOD(Army). The Central Governing Council(CGC), headed by the Defence Secretary, Ministry of Defence is the apex body for these schools.These School is recognized by the CBSE. There are five Rashtriya Military Schools located at Bangalore, Belgaum (Karnataka) Ajmer, Dholpur ( Rajasthan) and Chail ( Himachal Pradesh )
Rashtriya Military Schools are CBSE affiliated, fully residential public schools, which Invite applications for admission to Class VI& Class XI.The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class VI is held in December every year.
For the written exam to be conducted in year 2022, age criteria is as follows.
For class 6th —– DOB should be between 1/4/2010 to 31/3/2012
For class 9th —– DOB should be between 1/4/2007 to 31/3/2009
Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wars of personnel killed in action.
Candidates should have passed Class V for Cass VI from a govt/recognized school before the date of admission to a Rashtriya military school. However, a student studying in Class V is eligible to appear in the respective Entrance Test. Similarly for the XI class admission too.
- 70% for wards of JCOs/OR of Army , Navy and AF ( including Exservicemen)
- 30% for wards of Officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired Officers) and wards of civilians.
- 50 seats are reserved for wards of service personnel Killed in Action. Note: 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST in all categories.
- Entrance Exam :Class VI: The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class VI is held every year in month of december .The Exam will be automated OMR based in subjects of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English of Class V Standard.
- Candidates who clear the CET and are figuring in the merit list will be required to appear for Interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the Interview.
- Medical Selected Candidates will have to undergo medical exam at the Command/Zonal and other Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission and only those found medically fit will be offered